Farm stay, Farm holidays, Farm tour,
Bay of Islands
Northland Historic Places Trust Cultural and Historical Site
Things To Do
Your stay can be as relaxing or as active as your choose. Let Sam & Chris
facilitate your discovery of this northern most region of New Zealand.
Sam Ludbrook walks the farm with his dog, Sue.
Sam has a passenger transport license and with his life time knowledge
of this region will conduct you to our favourite haunts.
We can arrange your tours, by boat, plane, bus or walking to suit your
Northland Food & Wine Trail
Ludbrook House Fine Foods has added an out let shop in the gardens of Ludbrook
House and has become a must stop destination on the Northland Food & Wine Trail.
Visit www.northlandnz.com for
a comprehensive map of the Food trail and other activities in Northland.
Outlet Shop in Ludbrook House garden.
Savouring the Source: Food and Wine Festival
November 14, 2009
Showcasing Northland's food and wine producers exclusively. Held yearly in conjunction
with the Bay of Islands Pastoral and Industrial Show on the second Saturday in
November. Established in 1864 this wonderful day out is where visitors
enjoy the traditional aspects of a rural show alongside the latest in Northland's
food products and award winning wines. Continuous wine and cooking demonstrations
are conducted by Northland's top chefs in the giant marquee with the historic
Waimate North Mission Grounds and Church as a backdrop to the stunning Show grounds
Visit the Bay of Islands Pastoral and Industrial Show website here
Savouring the Source giant marquee in Show grounds.
Visit the charming pioneer mission homes and the beautiful
historic churches at Russell, Paihia, Pakaraka, Waimate North and Rawene.
Northlands East and West Coast Harbours
Ludbrook House is perfectly situated
for day trips to the east coast or the west coast where you can picnic on a glorious
coastline beaches or enjoy the activities around the Northlands famous Harbours.
Hokianga Harbour natural sand sculptures.
Sand surfing, Hokianga Harbour.
- Bay of Islands Harbour recreational fishing, sailing and cruising. Dolphin watching and swimming.
- Whangaroa Harbour a glacial style harbour with sheltered waters and spectacular scenery allows rapid access to deep sea fishing grounds and the beautiful Cavelli Islands.
- Hokianga Harbour. The legendary landing place of Kupe, the first explorer, a recreational dream place. Take the water taxi to the North head sand dunes for an unforgettable experience.
Mangonui Harbour. Small and perfectly sheltered.
Visit Mangonui township with it’s cafes and craft shops.
- Rangaunu Harbour at the head of the beautiful Karikari Peninsula
- Parwaregarenga Harbour the northern most NZ harbour with outstanding fishing and close up experience of the spectacular silicone white sands.
Boardwalk in Puketi Forest.
A rata vine twines up a Puriri tree.
- 45 minute drive on SH 12 will reveal Tane Mahuta the giant Kauri tree of the Waipoua forest.
- 25 minute drive to the Puketi forest will reveal the unique
fauna and flora that Northland is so justifiably proud and also reveal the
large stands of Kauri that covered Northland in pre European days.
Cliffs Golf Course. 45 minute drive to this world renown course.
Golf Course. 15 minutes to the horticultural district
and this championship course.
Golf Course. 25 minute drive to Waitangi, the birth
place of NZ and it’s golf course with spectacular sea views from every angle.
- Kaikohe Golf Course. 5 minutes to this country course developed from old
gum fields and near by Ngawha Springs mineral pools.
Golf Links Course. 1 hour drive to this spectacular course developed
from the sand dunes along 90 mile beach.
- Whangaroa Golf Course. 50 minute drive to this testing country
course. En route to historic Mangonui and our friends at Butler Point whaling
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds and The Bledisloe gift to the nation. A “must do” experience of the cultural background and reason for NZ’s cultural heritage. The information centre, the mission house, the Maori meeting house and the Maori war canoe set in the breathtakingly beautiful treaty grounds will help you to “know” us. The Reverend Henry Williams is Sam Ludbrook's great-great grandfather. At Waitangi learn of the family connection to the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi
Point Whaling Museum. We have trouble persuading our guests to come
home again from this unique and fascinating property.
Kauri Museum on the twin coast discovery highway.
This museum is world class give it plenty of time.
- Kaikohe Pioneer Museum. Developed thanks to the passion for history that is Northland.
- Russell Museum and Pompallier House.
Experience the history that envelopes Russell township, New Zealand's
House, Kerikeri. New Zealand's first stone building. The living history of settlement in NZ.
Luxury Lodge Bed and Breakfast Accommodation - Bay of Islands New Zealand
Ludbrook House Exclusive Accommodation
7491 State Highway One, Ohaeawai, Bay of Islands NZ 0211
Telephone 00649 4059 846 - Fax 00649 4059 845 - E-mail email@example.com
copyright © Ludbrook House: All rights reserved.